Do you experience soreness and pain after using a mouse for hours at a time? Using an ergonomic mouse pad can help keep your wrist and hand comfortable and healthy while using a mouse for prolonged durations.
The best ergonomic mouse pads don’t cost much but they can make a world of difference in how productive, comfortable and enjoyable your work or play sessions are.
A good mouse pad with wrist rest can reduce the strain from long hours of repetitive scrolling and clicking motions and help keep complications such as carpal tunnel syndrome at bay.
After researching the top ergonomically designed mousepads on the market, we found the following to be the best ergonomic mouse pads for different use cases including coding, gaming, and typing.
Disclosure: This article includes affiliate links that may provide a commission to me at no cost to you if you make a purchase through those links.
Table of Contents
- What is the Best Ergonomic Mouse Pad?
- Best Overall: 3M Precise Ergonomic Mouse Pad
- Best Ergonomic Gel Mouse Pad: Kensington Duo Gel Ergonomic Mouse & Keyboard Pad
- Best for Gaming: Redragon P020 Ergonomic Gaming Mouse Pad
- Best RGB Ergonomic Gaming Mouse Pad: Qudodo Ergonomic RGB Mouse Pad
- Best for Office: XTl Ergonomic Office Mouse Pad
- Best for Large Hands: Gimars Ergonomic Mouse Pad
- VicTsing Ergonomic Mouse Pad
- J&G MODERN Ergonomic Mouse Pad
- MROCO Ergonomic Mouse Pad
- What is an Ergonomic Mouse Pad?
- What Makes A Good Ergonomic Mouse Pad?
- What Makes a Good Mouse Pad for Gaming?
- That’s A Wrap!
What is the Best Ergonomic Mouse Pad?
Best Overall: 3M Precise Ergonomic Mouse Pad
The 3M Precise Ergonomic Mouse Pad is the most comfortable ergonomic mouse pad we’ve experienced. If you’ve been having wrist pain due to extended mouse usage, the 3M is the best ergonomic mouse pad to try. This mouse pad can serve you well whether you’re a typist, a programmer, or a gamer.
The wrist rest is just firm enough to provide the necessary support to ward away carpal tunnel syndrome while still having some give to ensure comfort.
The mouse pad itself is just as top-notch. The surface features microscopic grooves, which help enhance the precision of optical mice even at top speeds. 3M also claims that these grooves can help increase the battery life of wireless mice by up to 50%.
- Pad Dimensions: 9.2 x 8.7 inches
- Material: Leatherette and Gel
- Large surface area for maneuvering the mouse
- Comes in large and compact size options
- Rubber bottom is grippy and stable
- Anti-microbial and easy to clean leatherette surface
- Battery saving design for wireless mice
- Comes with a one-year guarantee
- Great price at under $15
- Made of 25% recycled materials
- The edges of the pad tend to curl up
- The surface is a bit rough and attracts dirt easily
Hands down, the 3M Precise mouse pad is the very best mouse pad on the market right now. Whether you’re a programmer, a writer, or a gamer, you can’t go wrong here.
Best Ergonomic Gel Mouse Pad: Kensington Duo Gel Ergonomic Mouse & Keyboard Pad
Made of a squishy gel pillow, the Kensington Duo Gel Ergonomic Mouse molds to the natural curve of your wrist to provide the support and comfort you need as you scroll and click for hours. That it comes with a keyboard wrist rest as well makes it a complete ergonomic set for avid coders and typists.
The texture and feel of the gel wrist rest are comfortable against the skin. Worried about sweaty wrists due to the non-breathable material? Don’t be. The design incorporates a ventilation channel to keep your hand cool and dry.
The mouse surface works well with gaming and other types of mice and doesn’t get in the way of speed and precision. The smooth surface lets the mouse glide easily. Plus the cool duotone design suits a programming or gaming set up perfectly.
- Pad Dimensions: 7 5/8 x 9 5/8 inches
- Material: Gel
- Ergonomic design eases pressure and pain
- Keyboard rest included without a steep bump in price
- Cool duo tone coloring for a coding or gaming setup
- Easy to wipe clean surface
- Ventilation channel keeps you cool and dry
- Non skid base ensures the pad stays put
- The wrist pad is delicate
- Not the best mouse pad for a vertical mouse
If you prefer the feel of a gel mouse pad, it doesn’t get better than the Kensington Duo.
Best for Gaming: Redragon P020 Ergonomic Gaming Mouse Pad
The Redragon P020 is the best ergonomic mouse pad for gamers. This mouse pad with wrist rest was built and tested by gamers so you can rest assured it offers everything you need to have a phenomenal time playing and emerge the winner.
First off, let’s discuss comfort. Your wrist rests on the memory foam wrist rest. It’s soft enough to adopt the contour of your wrist and offer adequate support. This minimizes the pressure your wrist experiences as you move the mouse around and click and click.
Second, the mouse glide is silky smooth on the mousepad. The surface also features tiny light-reflecting points that ensure ultra-precise tracking whether you’re using a laser, optical, or MMO gaming mouse.
- Pad Dimensions: 84 x 9.84 x 1.18 Inches
- Material: Memory foam
- Made and tested by gamers for gamers
- Memory foam has the perfect soft medium firmness
- Spill resistant and easy to clean
- Made of high quality materials
- Wrist cushion is nice and wide
- Silky smooth surface for optimal glide
- Silicon underside stays put and doesn’t curl
- Wrist rest could be thicker and more supportive
- Available in only one color option, which can’t match all setups
As an avid gamer, the Redragon P020 will provide the comfort and support your hand needs without hindering your performance.
Best RGB Ergonomic Gaming Mouse Pad: Qudodo Ergonomic RGB Mouse Pad
The Qudodo RGB Mouse Pad is the perfect mouse pad to complete your RGB gaming setup while also providing ergonomic comfort for long gaming sessions.
The soft memory foam wrist pad is designed to support the most comfortable posture for your wrist. A 1.1-inch thickness also provides optimal comfort.
The mouse pad works well whether you’re using it with an ergonomic vertical mouse, a wired or Bluetooth mouse.
- Pad Dimensions: 11.2 x 9.3 inches
- Material: Memory Foam
- Great RGB lighting modes
- The lighting is very vibrant
- Soft and comfortable memory foam
- Pad is reinforced all around
- Base has great grip on surfaces
- The mouse pad might arrive with the edges curled upwards
An ergonomic mouse pad with adjustable RGB lighting and the perfect way to complete your gaming or coding setup.
Best for Office: XTl Ergonomic Office Mouse Pad
The ergonomic design of the XTl Ergonomic Mousepad provides ease of movement and relieves stress on the joints. The gel wrist support feels comfortable even when spending hours upon hours at the computer. It keeps your wrist in a proper posture, reducing pressure and pinching.
Not only will you have a more comfortable experience, but the surface also allows the mouse to glide freely so you will find that your mouse clicks are more precise.
The size is just right even for a small office desk while still providing enough space to move the mouse around while clicking and scrolling.
- Pad Dimensions: 7.5 x 9 inches
- Material: Silicone and Lycra
- Perfect size for an office desk
- Non slip base ensures the pad stays put
- Comfortable gel wrist rest
- Great inexpensive ergonomic mousepad
- Available in an assortment of cute colors
- Allows the mouse to glide freely
- The gel wrist support feels firm and might take some getting used to
- The seams on the gel-padded wrist rest are not very strong
For an office worker, the XTI has the perfect design and form factor. It won’t take too much space on your desk but your wrist will feel so much better after a long day in the office.
Best for Large Hands: Gimars Ergonomic Mouse Pad
Featuring larger dimensions and plush memory foam cushioning, the Gimars Ergonomic Mouse Pad provides a soothing surface to rest your wrist on. The wrist rest also provides good support with a firm yet comfortable feel.
This translates to more support and less fatigue and pain when mousing for extended periods. It even helps relieve keep carpal tunnel syndrome at bay.
The lycra mousing surface is smooth and allows you to move the mouse fast and freely for fast and accurate tracking. Whether you need a mouse pad for coding, writing, designing, or gaming, you can’t go wrong here.
- Pad Dimensions: 9.75 x 8.5 inches
- Material: Lycra, Memory Foam
- Larger size suits even for big hands
- Pack of two at a great price
- Non-slip textured rubber backing
- Compact space-saving design
- Soft and breathable comfort
- You may or may not like the feel if you’re used to gel mouse pads
If you have big hands, the Gimars is big enough to provide adequate resting space for your wrist.
The VciTsing ergonomic Mouse Pad combines an ergonomically contoured shape with a memory foam wrist rest to keep your hand supported and comfortable when typing or gaming for extended durations.
Your wrist rests in a natural position, which prevents pressure and helps fend off carpal tunnel syndrome and other disorders that spring up due to repetitive mousing motions.
With the smooth Lycra mousing surface, you also won’t experience issues with the curser moving erratically. All types of mice glide smoothly on the surface ensuring tracking precision.
Another great thing about the VicTsing is that it’s offered with a one-year free replacement surface. If you experience issues, you can return it and get a free replacement during this period.
- Pad Dimensions: 10 x 9. 1 x 0. 98
- Material: Memory Foam
- Lycra surface ensures accurate tracking
- Textured rubber base provides anti-slip grip
- Double-stick and press-process edges
- Free replacement support for one year
- Could be even better with a little more thickness
If you type a lot, the VicTsing set provides a place to rest your wrists whether you’re typing on the keyboard or clicking.
The J&G Modern mouse pad wrist support has a fabulous ergonomic design and uses a firm yet giving memory foam pillow.
The wrist support will take the shape of your wrist, promote a neutral posture and help redistribute painful pressure points when using a mouse. This prevents compression of tendons and nerves helping to prevent soreness, aches, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
J&G also did a great job on the mouse pad. The T-cloth surface allows easy tracking movements and delivers pinpoint precision whether you’re gaming or debugging. The stitched edges also prevent the mouse from dropping off the sides.
- Pad Dimensions: 9.45 x 1.1 x 8.07
- Material: Memory foam
- Memory foam provides custom-fit support
- PU base sticks on surfaces
- Reinforced edges don’t curl or fray
- Effective in reducing discomfort and pain
- Backed by a three-years warranty
You might not like the feel of memory foam if you’re used to gel pads
With the J&G Modern mouse pad, you can say goodbye to your mouse falling off the pad or the edges of your mouse pad curling up.
The ergonomic shape of the MROCO Ergonomic Mouse Pad and the wrist rest are excellent in helping reposition the arm and wrist to alleviate the stress that leads to repetitive motion disorders.
The comfort isn’t at the expense of functionality though. With the super-smooth Lycra cover on the pad, you can move the mouse around easily and enjoy pinpoint accuracy whether you’re using a wireless, optical, or mechanical mouse.
Last but not least, you have an 18 months trial period where you can return the mouse pad for a refund or replacement if you experience leakage or support issues.
- Pad Dimensions: 9.4 x 8.1 inches
- Material: Natural Rubber and Lycra
- Cradles your arm in a neutral position
- Non-skid PU bottom has a stable grip
- Ergonomic and stylish design
- Reinforced edges to ensure durability
- Ample room to slide the mouse about
- The palm rest is a little on the small side
With an 18 months free trial period, the MROCO gives you plenty of time to test whether the mouse pad will work for your needs.
What is an Ergonomic Mouse Pad?
Ergonomic mice and mice pads are designed to promote a neutral hand and wrist position and minimizes bending of the wrist as you use a computer mouse.
They make use of padded wrist support to provide support for the wrist and reduce compression of the nerves. This helps prevents soreness, tingling, tendonitis, and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Check out this video to learn how proper wrist posture when using a mouse contributes to proper general ergonomics.
What Makes A Good Ergonomic Mouse Pad?
Wrist Rest Padding: Ergonomic mouse pad wrist rests are either filled with gel or memory foam. Each of these materials has its pros and cons.
- Gel Pillow: If you love the squishy feel of a soft cushion, this is how a gel wrist support feels like. It also feels cool but can be sticky if there’s no fabric cover.
- Memory Foam Pillow: It conforms to your wrist and provides optimal comfort. The downside is that it can feel warm.
- Whether you opt for gel or memory foam pillow, make sure it’s firm yet giving. It shouldn’t be too soft that it bottoms out nor too hard that it causes soreness.
Wrist Support Height: A mouse pad wrist rest can be good or bad depending on how it’s designed and how high it is. The ideal wrist rest is about 1.1 inches high. If it’s too high, it will be difficult to maintain a neutral wrist position as your hand will tire easily. Too low and it will strain your wrist and put you more at risk of developing carpal tunnel syndrome.
Mouse Pad Surface: An ergonomic mouse pad is first and foremost a mouse pad. Even though comfort is a priority, it shouldn’t come at the cost of precision. The mouse pad should allow the mouse to glide freely in order to improve tracking speed and precision. It shouldn’t cause the mouse pointer to move erratically. The surface material should also be spill-resistant and easy to clean.
Mouse Pad Size: Check how long and how wide the wrist pad is. It should fit in the space you have on your desk while also providing enough space to move your mouse around. The wrist support should also be wide enough especially if you have large hands.
Non-Slip Base: A mouse pad that keeps sliding around the desk surface is a nuisance. A good ergonomic mouse bad should have a non-slip base that stays put where it’s placed. Look for a rubber base that stays in place. You can even get a mouse pad that you can stick exactly where you need it.
What Makes a Good Mouse Pad for Gaming?
Besides providing wrist comfort and support, the best ergonomic gaming mouse pad should have a surface that’s compatible with gaming mice. This will provide superior tracking control and facilitate lightning-fast responsiveness. A non-slip pad is also a must to ensure stability during hardcore gaming sessions.
That’s A Wrap!
When you spend long hours typing lines of code, managing large spreadsheets, or playing games, you need an ergonomic mouse pad to keep your hand comfortable and prevent soreness and pain at the end of the day. Hopefully, our reviews of the best ergonomic wrist pads with wrist rests have been helpful in helping you identify the best option for your needs.
Mike is the creator of Go With Code and a coder at heart 🙂