New to code? Have an interest in tech?
The tech world is huge and talent is in-demand. Whether you are coding or not, being involved in tech can lead to a fun and rewarding career.
It’s never too early or too late to begin! Let us help you begin – check out our big list of best places to learn to code for free.
Why you’ll want to consider a career (not just a job) in Tech
- I recommend you read what is coding to learn what code is all about and why it’s so important in today’s world. Step by step.
- Check out the benefits of learning to code. It’s amazing what coding can do for your bank account and brain health 🙂
Which areas of Tech are in-demand
- Learn why the cloud is a hot topic (most modern services run on top of it) and could reach a trillion dollar industry in a few short years.
- Find out which programming languages are in-demand . These are the most popular coding languages, ranked by which ones developers appear to use the most.
- It’s not just programming, check out these non-programming tech jobs that are hot and in-demand today.
Starting your Journey
- Avoid these common coding mistakes when learning to program.
- You can begin learning to program in just a few minutes, however to really begin to master programming can take a few weeks or months (a drop in the bucket from a career perspective!).
- We recommend the top Python books and PHP books for beginners, intermediate and advanced level coders.
- Getting comfortable with text editors for coding – they are your friend 🙂
- We reveal the top skills developers need to land a six figure coding job.
- Get started with the command line and see why this tool is like power at your finger tips – it will help you gain an edge in your search for a position in tech.
- Learning about version control, Git and GitHub – you really want to know this stuff 😉
Tech vs Tech Comparisons
- PHP vs Python – Both languages are popular when it comes to web development. Python has been gaining popularity in recent years outside of web.
- SQL vs NoSQL – Two popular database technologies. Even if you aren’t a developer knowing the difference about when to use one or the other makes you look really really good!